While there are tons of great places to read in the library, this may be one of our new favorites!
Have you met our new librarian, Lauren? We put her right to work unpacking some of our new story time scarves and shakers…
Getting ready for Summer Reading (Fizz, Boom, Read!) begins in June…
Snakey Storytime Craft at the Fox Library: yet more proof that googly eyes make everything amazing!
Click here for a peek at one of the best spring-themed children’s books around, And Then It’s Spring, written by Julie Fogliano and illustrated by Erin E. Stead. Then celebrate spring by checking it out from the Robbins or Fox and enjoying it with a nice picnic lunch in the park!
This Friday, 4/18, the Robbins and Fox Libraries will close at noon for Good Friday. The Robbins Library will be open on Saturday, 4/19, but will be closed on Sunday, 4/20 for Easter and Monday, 4/21 for Patriots Day.
Next week (4/22 - 4/26) is also school vacation week, which means that we will not be holding Storytime or Singalong at either library. However, we have some exciting programs, including:
- Tuesday, 4/22, 2:00 p.m.: Recycling Drop-In Craft at Robbins: Help us celebrate Earth Day by making crafts with recyclables. Ages 5-11, Drop-in.
- Wednesday, 4/23, 4:30 p.m.: Fox and Branch Family Concert at the Fox Branch Library: Sing, dance, and try your hand at the washboard and other musical instruments with the beloved Fox and Branch Band! All ages, pick up free ticket at 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 4/24, 2:30 p.m.: Lego and Board Game Afternoon at Fox: Come create with our supply of Legos and/or try out some new board games. Ages 3 and up, Drop-in.
- Friday, 4/25, 2:00 p.m.: K’nex Extravaganza at Robbins: Come create with our supply of K’nex or play with some of our board games. Ages 3 and up. Drop-in.
- Saturday, 4/26, 10:00 a.m.: Singalong with the Music Man at Robbins: Enjoy an interactive blend of Ed the Music Man’s original and traditional children’s songs. All ages, pick up free ticket at 9:30 a.m.
We hope to see you at one of these fun programs!
Did you know April is National Poetry Month? The Children’s Room is celebrating poetry all month long with our POET-tree! A special thank you to all the kids who have written and hung poems on the tree.
Have you heard that Mo Willems released a new Pigeon book on April 1? Check out Pigeon Needs a Bath today!
Happy Spring, everyone!